NGS Products offer bespoke ergonomic workstations which are designed for staff that carry out repetitive operations in a fixed location. The key feature of these workstations is that they can be tailored to harmonize the user requirements and the operation or task performed at the workstation, thereby ensuring an ideal working environment for the user. If correctly designed, this will reduce repetitive strain injuries and fatigue in the operator.
In addition to the ergonomic features designed into these workstations, they can be styled in both size shape and surface finish (material) to suit the design and layout of the work area. All of our ergonomic workstations are wired to need only a single power connection point in order to power all features and sockets on the desk.
Workstations can be customised to include the basic features listed below as well as any specialised features required for the particular task.
- Height adjustment with programmable stops
- Front or rear sockets with UK, US or EU pins
- Data connectors (RJ11 to RJ48)
- Monitors arms (height adjustable and swivel mounted)
- Rear gantry
- Phone charger sockets (USB)
- Computer Tower Holder
- Shelves and drawers
- Anti-static surface coating
Ergonomic workstations can be used in most industries where the operators’ function takes place essentially in the same area. Typical applications include:
- Air traffic control (ATC): Desks designed to include monitors, keyboards and communication equipment;
- Broadcasting: Ergonomically designed desks for the comfort of the presenter or DJ;
- Computer technician: Height adjustable desks with incorporated monitors, workstation and printer;
- Product Assembly: Tailor made desks to include assembly equipment like bar-code scanners, labeling and lifting;
- Quality Control: Desks incorporating Measurement, bar-coding, data capture and labeling.
In these cases it is important to provide the most ergonomic environment possible for the operators not only for the prevention of repetitive strain injuries but also for the comfort and efficiency of the operator.